EGYPTIAN POLICE ANNOUNCE KILLING OF 40 TERRORISTS, FOLLOWING TOURIST BUS EXPLOSION

CAIRO, Egypt- The Egyptian police announced, Saturday, killing 40 terrorists, in security raids in Giza province, near the capital, Cairo, and North Sinai province, in the north-east of the country.

“The terrorist elements have been preparing and planning to carry out a series of aggressive operations, targeting state institutions, particularly economic ones,” Egypt’s Interior Ministry said, in a statement.

Killed in shootouts in Giza and North Sinai provinces, the terrorists have also been plotting to assault tourism-related targets, policemen and soldiers, as well as, houses of worship, according to the statement.

The police announcement came, a day after a terrorist bomb blast targeted a tourist bus in Giza, killing three Vietnamese tourists and an Egyptian tour guide and wounding 11 other Vietnamese tourists and the Egyptian bus driver.

Last week, the Egyptian police said they killed 14 terrorists, after hours of shootout in Arish city of North Sinai.

Egypt has been facing terrorist activities that killed hundreds of policemen, soldiers and civilians, following the popular-backed military ouster of former Muslim Brotherhood-oriented President, Mohamed Morsi, in early July, 2013, and the later security crackdown on his supporters.

Morsi’s Brotherhood group is currently outlawed in Egypt as a terrorist organisation.

Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK