13 ‘Terrorists’ Killed in Cairo’s October 6 Suburb – Security Source

Thirteen “terrorists” were killed by Egyptian security forces after a gunfire exchange in Cairo’s October 6 suburb on Wednesday, a security source said.

This comes in tandemn with ongoing clashes in between security forces and militants in North Sinai.

The nine were killed in a raid on headquarters that they were using to hide, the source added.

On Tuesday, three “terrorists” were killed in the same neighbourhood while trying to bomb a car in the vicinity of the October 6 Police Station, security sources said.

Meanwhile, attacks on security checkpoints and facilities have left 60 casualties among security personnel, ranging from deaths to injuries, a security source said.

The attacks were followed by clashes with militants. So far over 30 militants have been killed in the clashes, the source added.

The Sinai-based militant group Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis claimed responsibility for the attacks. The group pledged allegiance to the Islamic State fighters in Syria and Iraq last November, changing its name to Sinai Province.